Monday, January 24, 2011

Bridge on the River Kwai :: Alec Guinness :: The Empire Strikes Back

For the first time (but definitely not the last), using a repeat connector... Sir Alec Guinness connects us from The Bridge on the River Kwai back into the Star Wars Trilogy with The Empire Strikes Back.

This is definitely the best of the Star Wars series. The opening battle on Hoth is great. We meet Yoda. We meet Lando Calrissian. We find out that Darth Vader is Luke's father. Han & Leia fall in love ("I love you." "I know." One of the best movie exchanges.) Luke's hand gets cut off. Han gets frozen in carbonite. Boba Fett gets introduced. C3PO gets dismantled (which led to the cool toy where you could take him apart) . And it ends with a cliffhanger... you're completely satisfied, but dying for more.

I already ranted about George Lucas's special editions of the original Star Wars trilogy in my previous entry for Star Wars. And I'll rant some more when I get to Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace in my collection. But for now, I'm just going to bask in the enjoyment of a really great movie: The Empire Strikes Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment